Monday, August 15, 2011

Rolling Pixies

I am trying to read Hannibal Rising while listening to The Pixies and The Rolling Stones. They don't mix. The music has the roughness and melodic dissonance of an unpolished rock, while Harris' novel has the sharpness of an axe blade. It's kind of confusing to have the two at the same time. I feel like an incompetent multitasker.

***

My RareJob schedule finally got approved today and I will start teaching on the 22nd. Nobody has signed up on my profile yet. I'd like to think it's because it's seven days til the 22nd, but the underachiever in me whispers, "Nobody wants to learn from you." Well if they don't, I can apply at the Ombudsman. At least I'll have something noteworthy on my resume.

Now off to dinner. Off we go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment